Jan 4, 2007

A January Favorite Song/Viral Video

Sometimes a song comes along that I become completely obsessed with. I have to listen over and over and hear every aspect of the music - melody, guitar riffs, organ pads, rhythms, areas of tension and release, the climax, subtle vocal effects... I literally get high listening - it MOVES me. I know there must be some people out there who feel the same way. For this reason, I've decided to post my favorite song of the month. I'd love to hear what you are listening to, (and maybe discover a new band or two) so feel free to leave comments!

Favorite January Song

I'm totally rocking out to Jeff Buckley's Lover You Should've Come Over on the train home last night...and this 50-something year old business man, armored with suit and tie, newspaper in hand, glances at me in that "you're-a-bit-off-kilter-and-you're-disturbing-my-equilibrium" kind of look, to which I just laugh and smile and fall back into the groove. I'm not sure I can fully explain in words how this song makes me feel. I feel like I'm in love. I feel euphoric, I feel alive. The song is so sweet and somber and utterly desparate. My favorite lines:

It's never over,
My kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder
It's never over,
all my riches for her smiles when I slept so soft against her...
It's never over,
All my blood for the sweetness of her laughter...


If you don't know the song, I defintely recommend giving it a listen.


Favorite January Viral Video

I recently came across the funniest and most unique flash animation by a man named Alan Becker. I think you will appreciate:


Animator vs Animation
http://www.atomfilms.com/film/animator_vs_animation.jsp

and the sequel

Animator vs Animation 2
http://www.atomfilms.com/film/animator_vs_animation_2.jsp


Hearts!
Beth

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeff Buckley was a once in a lifetime artist. Grace is one of my desert island discs to this day. I'm happy to read how you appreciate his music so deeply. His premature departure is "a tear that hangs inside our souls forever". What an amazing talent.

Followers